I am delighted to be your new MP for North Devon, and committed to being your dedicated voice in Westminster, standing up for the people of our beautiful part of the world.
I bring a unique mix of political, business and public sector experience having run my own small business for 15 years combined with being Chief of Staff to Ben Howlett MP in Bath from 2015-2017, and now teaching mathematics at Bideford College, North Devon.
• My award-winning business, which I founded and ran for 15 years, focused on customer service which is a key skill I brought to my constituency work in Bath and would bring to North Devon, in the campaign and as MP.
• As Chief of Staff I was responsible for my MP’s Westminster and constituency office. I regularly deputised for my MP at meetings and established his Business Awards, Business Dinner Club and local charity collaboration Action Against Child Poverty.
I have a wealth of fund raising experience having raised over £500K for breast cancer charities through a series of charity aerobathons I founded and ran called Pink Aerobics.
I come from a family of teachers and am passionate about access to education and ensuring all children receive an excellent one. My father was Head of a large coastal comprehensive and I am state school educated myself with a first from Cambridge. I now deliver that passion on a daily basis to local children and work to build their aspirations and enhance their qualifications.
I have the energy, drive and commitment to listen to the constituents and association in North Devon, and build on the excellent work of Peter Heaton-Jones to ensure North Devon remains blue in 2019.
My Political Priorities
• To get Brexit done! I voted Leave. I back Boris. And I believe in democracy. We should deliver the result of the 2016 referendum as rapidly as possible.
• Fight for fairer funding for local public services, especially education, health and local councils.
• Deliver better transport links to North Devon and work to integrate these so our local road network keeps moving.
• Champion our beautiful coast and countryside and oppose developments that will impact negatively, whilst working with local communities to deliver much needed affordable housing.
• Work to improve local job opportunities through supporting our farming economy, tourism, manufacturing and retail.
• Ensure North Devon’s voice is heard in Westminster
May 2019 elected as North Devon District Councillor with only a five week, hard fought, campaign on a night where so many local councillors were not successful. Already successfully created a multi-agency partnership to manage sand on the highway more effectively.
As the 2015 Llanelli Parliamentary Candidate I retained my share of my own vote in Llanelli; revitalised the Llanelli Conservative Association; raised entire campaign fund from scratch; managed own website, correspondence and social media; ran street stalls alongside a twelve-foot red dragon.
2015 Caseworker Ben Howlett, Bath – responded to all correspondence ahead of election to help ensure result.
Occupation and Career Summary Details
2018 - present completed PGCE; rated an outstanding teacher of mathematics at Bideford College.
2015-2017 Chief of Staff to Ben Howlett, MP for Bath. Full responsibility for the MP’s Westminster and constituency office ensuring the Member able to fulfil parliamentary and constituency duties smoothly whilst the team are efficient, motivated and all fully compliant with all current guidelines and protocols.
2000-2016 Launched and managed 'LessBounce.com', UK’s leading independent, and multi-award winning, sports bra retail business
Voluntary and Community Work
I founded and ran Pink Aerobics from 2003-2013, which raised over £500K for breast cancer charities through a series of aerobathons. I was presented with the award for Outstanding Contribution to Breast Cancer Campaign 2009 (reg charity no 299758) – their top award, for my work on Pink Aerobics. I have worked with local community groups on the Big Clean on Instow Beach which has led to a new, local partnership with Plastic Free Devon. Establishing new residents association in Instow.
Fitness enthusiast – surf, gig row, Nordic walk, part of local running club and keen cyclist on Tarka Trail.
Love spending time with George, my yellow Labrador, who I enjoy walking along our beautiful North Devon coastline with.